Nutrient-Packed Plant-Based Blue Spirulina Tart Recipe | Vegan & Delicious
Unleash your inner food artist with our nutrient-packed art pack - because who said healthy can't be deliciously creative?
Hey there, veggie lovers! Are you ready for a tart that's as blue as your mood after a Netflix binge? Introducing the vegan blue spirulina tart! This recipe is so easy, even your cat could make it. (Just kidding, please don't let your cat near the stove.)
First, let's get our crust ready. We're talking almond flour, coconut flour, Aki Organic pumpkin seed protein, Aki Organic flaxseed protein powder, melted coconut oil, and a touch of maple syrup sugar for sweetness. Press that bad boy into a tart pan and bake until golden brown. Easy peasy!
Now for the blue filling. We're going to use coconut milk, blue spirulina powder, and more maple syrup sugar because let's be real, life is too short for bland desserts. Heat it up, sprinkle some Aki Organic agar-agar (Plant Based Gelatin)powder in there, and stir like your life depends on it. (It doesn't, but the tart's success might.)
Once that's all mixed up and looking like a blue dream, pour it into the cooled crust and chill for a few hours. Go ahead and do some yoga or binge-watch your favorite show while you wait. When it's ready, slice it up and enjoy the heck out of it!
There you have it, folks! A plant based blue spirulina tart that's as fun to make as it is to eat. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out. And remember, life's too short for boring desserts. Stay wild!
For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Aki Organic pumpkin seed protein
- 1/4 cup Aki Organic flaxseed protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Aki Organic maple syrup sugar
For the filling:
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Aki Organic blue spirulina powder
- 1/2 cup Aki Organic maple syrup sugar
- 1 tbsp Aki Organic agar-agar powder (Plant-Based Gelatin)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin seed protein, flaxseed protein powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup sugar until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a tart pan and up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the coconut milk, blue spirulina powder, and maple syrup sugar. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and sprinkle in the agar-agar powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge and slice into servings. Enjoy!
This vegan blue spirulina tart is a stunning and delicious dessert that's packed with nutrients from the spirulina and protein powders. It's also sweetened naturally with maple syrup sugar instead of refined sugar. Give it a try and enjoy the goodness!
Nutritional Information (per serving, based on 8 servings):
- Calories: 442
- Total Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 12g
Note: The nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.
Big thanks to @sanketissupremelybored for creating this amazing image of our vegan blue spirulina tart! We love the way you captured the vibrant blue color and delicious texture of the dessert. To see more of Sanket's incredible photography, be sure to follow them on Instagram. Thank you again for sharing your talent with us!"
Leave a comment